4.10.08

writing for pleasure

So, about this time last year, I sat down with my poems and decided to finish my chapbook by the end of 2007. Obviously that didn't happen. I mean. I have several poems that I feel are complete, and I have a general idea of the layout, but I just haven't been able to piece together this work. Then there's the problem of what to do with the naughty poems. I can't very well publish those poems in my real name! And yet I want to be able to share my writing with the people I grew up loving. I also have hardly written in my paper journal since July, and I'm sure you've all noticed the lack of posts here, as well. I'm supposed to write four times a month on The Femme's Guide to Absolutely Everything. I have only managed to post three times (although I do have a post in the works).

I have to write. I have to. I mean, I'm writing for my classes and all. But I am not writing for pleasure, and that is insufferable. So. Will you all cheer me on to begin writing again, perhaps to complete my chapbook ten years in the making? I need to speak, and I need to speak aloud.

No comments: