17.12.07

my turn

I set out tonight to make someone feel special but my plan backfired and instead, I felt special! We had planned on going out for gelato but the gelateria was closed when we got there, so instead we had appetizers and dessert at The Cheesecake Factory. My friend paid for everything except my martini - it's been ages since that happened. I'm always treating people to fancy dinners. Afterward, she presented me with a silver locket necklace which went perfectly with my black party dress. It was the first chance I'd had to wear the dress, and now I have a lovely piece of jewelry and a special memory every time I wear it. The lighting was bad so we didn't get pictures, but I think I prefer it that way. It requires me to be conscious on remembering.

I missed the chance to catch up with my sister afterward, but I think I'm going to kidnap her tomorrow sometime. I think there's boy drama.

In other news, went dancing at a bar with some girls from church last night. There was a whole flock of dykes having a blast - new ones that I've never seen before! Hah. They do exist! To my disappointment, the one I had my eye on was quite obviously attached. I have a little bit of a headache that started on the way home from the restaurant. I'd had a killer chocolate martini and I've been slacking in the area of hydration lately. It's either dehydration or a period that's looming somewhere on the horizon. I think I'm going to just have it this week instead of waiting til Christmas.

2 comments:

lady brett said...

yay for feeling special and good nights out!

Dylan said...

i'm glad someone in your life is treating you the way you should be treated. you are more than generous with yourself and your love and to see that coming back is awesome.