25.8.07

not a skinny girl

i am not a skinny girl.
but i take up space.
and like being able to
spread out my borders
like a blanket on the beach

i am not a skinny girl.
and. i. love. my. breasts.
the pair hang suspended,
thick, heavy and expectant.
they are saturated with
so much power. to attract.
to warn. to carry blessing.
to curse trespassers
but more than anything,
they show appreciation.

i am not a skinny girl.
and. i. love. my. belly.
she is round and sweet,
leans over the balcony
of my jeans trying to
breathe fresh, fresh air.
she hovers, vigilant above
what tender flesh lies below.
guarding. alert. and gentle.

i am not a skinny girl.
and. i. love. my. legs
my legs can stamp out
injustice, the beat of
a musical revolution
my legs are strong under
my weight, strong as i
await our day of freedom
my legs know the truth.

2 comments:

Terroni said...

i am a skinny girl
and. i. love. this. post.

Anonymous said...

I love you! =)